Upcoming Creators is a student program designed to give teens 14-19 a path to understand and implement basic website and social media platform development and be introduced to entrepreneurship.
- Identify a passion/service based project you want to create something for online.
- Choose a good domain name.
- Set up the website & install Wordpress.
- Choose and implement a Wordpress Theme.
- Gain understanding of the framework/child theme relationship.
- Learn to approach social media safely and positively.
- Work together in live mastermind sessions.
- Write to share information and gain support.
- Understand the basics of Search Engine Optimization.
- Create a project logo and supporting graphics using Canva.
- Establish an understanding of basic project management.
- Establish successful email management practices.
- Show ability to set goals and follow through.
- Give attention to how important our thoughts are in achieving our goals.
Our Program Mentors
Val Selby loves to help build engaging communities through groups and online events. She has worked exclusively in Wordpress since 2004 and regularly assists clients with setting up their products in aMember.
Small Business Attorney & Business Coach, Pam has been supporting business owner for 25+ years and looks forward to equipping a new generation to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams.
I'm a proud marketing geek. I help people who stumble on marketing technology, like email software, landing pages, social media management, video, or the pieces to connect it all to your website with less stress. I love using my background and experience in marketing, research, and teaching to explore cool tools and tips so clients can confidently build a business they love and make their impact in the world. I love all tech - including my cameras, wine database, and my grill!
Dr. Melissa Peet
Dr. Melissa Peet formerly of University of Michigan, founder of Generative Knowledge Institude. Working with students, helping them hold onto and implement what they're learning has been a big part of her work.
Patrysha is not only a certified small business coach with over 20 years experience, she was a teen entrepreneur herself. Currently specializing in champagne marketing on a beer budget for small town small business owners, she brings an eclectic range of skills to the table through all stages of business from planning to execution. As a teacher and facilitator, she’s patient, thorough and focused on making the journey as rewarding as the results.
Benecia Ponder is a multiple bestselling author, inspirational speaker, and award-winning entrepreneur. As founder of ILLUMINATION Press, Benecia helps purpose-driven indivuals and service-based entrepreneurs turn their God-given gifts and life-changing experiences into powerful messages that make a big difference and a big profit.
As the Chief Online Strategist of Digital Maestro, Paul B. Taubman, II has his roots deep in the world of technology. Working as a Solutions Architect at Fortune 500 companies for over 25 years, Paul knows how to get systems to talk each other and share data.
Lynn Leusch is a Craft and Business Blogger. Inspiring others to share their interests on the web drives her and mentoring young entrepreneurs is something she looks forward to.
Jerilynn "MamaRed" Knight
MamaRed has spent over 3 decades demystifying technology to help businesses, large, small and in between, document the back-end of their business and turn their message into content that reaches the right people at the right time.
Our Program Schedule will run from Wednesday, September 9th 2020 through March 2021 with two weeks off over Christmas & New Years. We will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays, meeting at 1pm Eastern each time for one hour.
Who is this just right for?
Homeschoolers & distance learners with a flexible study schedule. You must be able to attend most live training sessions, complete projects and submit weekly tracking reports.
What does the program cost?
There is a $20 registration fee, returnable upon successful completion of the program.
What else do I need to know?
- You'll receive a domain registration and hosting as part of the program.
- All software needed is available free online.
- You will need to have a google account for email and file sharing.
- You will need access to a reliable computer with high speed internet.
- A certificate of completion is issued upon completion.